The Shared Tables Thierry Marx Career Development Award 2019
2019 SHARED TABLES THIERRY MARX CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARD IS NOW OPEN FOR APPRENTICE CHEFS COOKERY & PATISSERIE STUDENTS AND QUALIFIED CHEFS
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE $30k
The STTMCDA gives Victorian cookery/patisserie students and qualified chefs the opportunity to travel to Paris and work for 10 days under the guidance of Thierry Marx and his team in the kitchen of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Winners will also be able to spend three days at the Le Cordon Bleu Paris Institute with remainder of time for travel and leisure. The Award seeks to encourage and reward students and industry professionals who are driven, motivated and passionate about their career.
The Shared Tables Thierry Marx Career Development Award (STTMCDA) has two categories in 2019.
• Category 1:
- Apprentice Chefs & Cookery / Patisserie students
• Category 2:
- Qualified Chefs
A statement of up to 200 words explaining why you deserve to be chosen as a finalist in the 2019 Shared Tables Thierry Marx Career Development Award. Create two original Thierry Marx inspired dishes; one main course and one dessert.
Applicants needs to feature Sher Wagyu striploin as the hero ingredient in their main course recipe. (note – All finalists will receive 400 grams of Sher Wagyu for use on the competition day)
Applicants may choose any dessert.
Who Can Apply
- Apprentice Chefs
- Cookery / Patisserie students
Any student currently enrolled at a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Commercial Cookery or
Patisserie (as a full time student or apprentice/trainee) prior to Mon 8th July 2019.
- Qualified Chefs Anyone currently employed as a chef.
How To Apply
• Applicants may nominate themselves
• Employers may nominate their chef / apprentice
• Employers or a member of an RTO must endorse the nomination
• Fill in the application form
• Provide recipes and photos of the dishes to Tom Milligan at TMilligan@Cordonbleu.edu by Mon 8th July 2019 as per competition guidelines.
For More Information
Please contact Tom Milligan, Australian Technical Director Le Cordon Bleu Melbourne p: 0424 887 692
e: TMilligan@cordonbleu.edu w: www.sharedtables.com.au
Please note the travel dates for Paris are from the 30th Sep to 20th Oct 2019.
The Judging Panel will consider all written applications and will select a shortlist of finalists. Finalists will be contacted on the 12th July 2019 to prepare. These finalists will be required to be available at an allotted time to prepare their dishes and be interviewed by the judging panel at Holmesglen Institute Moorabbin Campus on Mon 22nd July 2019.
During the interview stage, Finalists need to demonstrate to the judging panel a thorough understanding of Thierry Marx, including his history and current food philosophy.
Total Prize Value over $30,000
The winner for each category will receive:
• Three weeks in Paris 10 days training under the guidance of Thierry Marx and his team at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Paris, France
• Three-day experience at the Le Cordon Bleu Paris Institute
• Remainder of time for travel and leisure
• Accommodation in Paris
• AUD$500 to help cover out of pocket and incidental expenses
• National recognition and publicity through multiple media channels
• Winner’s certificate
Total value $10,000
The runner up for each category will receive
• Shared tables Educational Food and Wine Tour *including 5 days in Singapore staying at premier hotels (inc breakfast), all lunches and dinners provided at award winning restaurants and return airfares to Singapore.
• Degustation dinner for two at Cilantro Restaurant
• Le Cordon Bleu Patisserie School Cookbook
Total value $3,240
The third placed finalists for each category will receive
• 2 tickets to the Shared Tables Ball, 18th Aug 2019
• Le Cordon Bleu one-day chocolate masterclass
• Estelle Kitchenware
Total value $2,250
All finalists will receive
• A certificate and a Le Cordon Bleu and Holmesglen gift pack valued at $100
The Shared Tables Thierry Marx Career Development Award is brought to you by Shared Tables, Holmesglen Institute of TAFE and Le Cordon Bleu and Sher Wagyu